Thank you for your interest in BC Rangers!
We’re always looking for experienced rangers who are interested in taking on a little more responsibility. If you’re interested in being a Khaki, a Trainer, or a Mentor, let us know.
Our 2017 Leadership Team is now assembled, but we are still seeking to fill one critical role:
2+ years active Ranger experience IS required, some exceptions may be made for applicants with significant & relevant non-ranger safety and leadership experience. Mentoring & support will be available to you.
The Ranger Lead will oversee ranger-related needs & concerns for a particular Event, and will lead a TEAM of Dirt Rangers and Khakis for that Event. Ideally, this role should require no more than a few hours per week until the end of the Event. Ranger Leads report to the Event Liaison AND the Event Producer.
- Be or become up to date with all aspects of BCR responsibilities & needs for Events.
- Work collaboratively with the Event Producer and Training Coordinator to ensure Event and ranger needs are accounted for.
- Work collaboratively with the Quartermaster to ensure adequate ranger supplies are ordered for the Event (such as T-shirts, lighted arm bands, swag, etc).
- Attend Event Production meetings, in-person or remotely, as required by the Event.
- Work collaboratively with Communications to craft and publish Event-related ranger callouts, announcements, thank yous, website & social media content.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Schedule Dirt Ranger & Khaki coverage for the Event.
- Lead and Mentor Dirt Rangers & Khakis.
- Oversee radio or other shared resource sign-outs, if needed.
- Maintain an incident report log to submit to the Event Producer & Events Liaison.
- Maintain an organized HQ.